Monday 8 January 2007

Spelling Chequers

I am always telling my students to avoid relying on their spell checkers. My own pet hates include Microsoft Word stealing a letter 'l' out of words such as traveller because it is convinced I use American English (no matter how many times I reset it to the British variety), getting green squiggly lines every time I use the word which (because it can only cope with that, and finally it not being able to tell the difference between there, their, and they're.

So some clever sausage wrote this, which I thought might amuse you!

Spelling Chequers

I have a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea,
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye cannot sea.

When eye strike a quay, right a word,
I weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
I nose bee fore two late
And eye can put the error rite
Its rarely, rarely grate.

I've run this poem threw it
I'm shore your pleased two no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

ANON

No comments: