Tuesday 6 May 2008

Oops!

I was supposed to start radiotherapy today, only I managed to catch a bug.

A bloody bug!

Can you believe it?! I've spent the long bank holiday weekend throwing up into friends' grids, and sinks. I thought it was the meds so carried on as usual, trying to ignore the sudden and frequent flashes of cold sweat followed by massive waves of nausea. And then the little one joined in and we realised it was more than an opiate induced fever.

Hospital were very understanding. Said come tomorrow instead. So I spent the day in the garden. The unkempt, deliciously wild garden. And it was so gorgeous and hot, even with a slight fever.I even found a hanging place
for a wedding present we got all those years ago!




















And I wrote!

Not tons, by any means, but I wrote. I mean, like real fiction, man!

It feels good to have some paragraphs down on paper again!

Woohoo!

3 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Bah! Just what you need on top of everything. Hope you're feeling better and all the very best for tomorrow.

Glad you had some time outside and got words down too! Wasn't it glorious weather!

Oh and have you thought of a kitty name yet??

Jenny Beattie said...

Yuk Lisa: that's not fair. I hope you feel better soon.

Writing, eh? Bloody 'ell girl, good on you!

Jjx

Annieye said...

That's all you need! Hope you soon feel better.