Sunday 18 February 2007

Fetch me that broom!

Ever get the feeling you've taken too much on? It's Sunday, and so far I've done the shopping, washed the school uniforms, cleaned up the rabbit poop from the living room carpet (she's still in the house - alive but dreadfully thin so having to fatten her up before she can go back in the hutch), made a total hash of being sympathetic to sick husband, planned one lesson, and cried a little bit. I'll be okay by Monday, when the kids are back in school, and hubby is back at work. Then I'll play my flamenco music LOUD and clean house, and try to add a few more thousand words to my novel. But until then...

My mother has a saying when she's feeling put upon - "Why don't you shove a broom up my ass and I'll sweep the floor while I'm at it!" Fetch me that broom!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the words flowed today and you feel better.

hesitant scribe said...

Hi Liz,

Yeah - I'm much better today, thanks. This novel writing lark is such a roller coaster!

La Gringa said...

Ha ha ha! That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I'll have to remember your mother's words for the appropriate time.