Tuesday 27 February 2007

Daftodils!



We haven't had a lot of success in the past with bulbs in pots sent home from school. Yesterday, on our way into school, I noticed most of the children were carrying varying sizes of daffodils, and realised with horror that my little one's pot must still be in the garden somewhere. It'd had been out there, fending for itself, since last September, so you can imagine our joy (and my relief) when we discovered two tiny, but perfectly formed, daffodils had grown. All by themselves!

Once in the car, my little one said, "They're daftodils, because they haven't got a seat belt on!" And then she added, "Will you take a picture and put them on your blog thing?" So I have. And the pics not too bad for a mobile phone camera.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Smiling friom ear to ear at your daffodils and the wise words of your little one.

Thanks!

hesitant scribe said...

Hi Liz,

I'm glad you liked them! Our first bulbous success! :)