I like these meme things - they give me something to think about. I like them so much I even tag myself! (Oh dear. Is that very sad?!) Anyway, thank you to Clairesgarden for this one...
8 things I'm passionate about
1. Writing and books, books and writing. (Is that 2 things?) I love writing about books, and books about writing, and writing about everything and everything about books.
2. Music. I've grown up with a musician father, and played around with my guitar since I was 8 or so. (8! Ha ha!). I love most music, and can't live without listening to it, and/or making it (though we'll take making in its loosest sense, please.) I sing loudly when no one is home, and if it's just me and the girls, then the little one and I sing loudly, about everything and nothing. I was a very annoying child for that reason alone! I say most because I have issues with full on trad jazz (like postmodern poetry - I'm too thick to get it obviously) and er, gangsta rap does my head in, and some classical... like the really heavy Liszt concertos you need 24 fingers to play properly.
3. My children. Not that I'd tell them this of course!
4. Horses. Addicted. Completely hooked, and always have been. Since the very first time I saw one. I had to wait till I was 37 to take up riding. I am going to ride till I die.
5. Teaching. I love the feeling you get when someone else feels the passion you do for a subject, or rather, gets infected by enthusiasm! I love seeing the lights go on in students from 4 to 94, and the best part of all, is when a student suddenly realises that they can do something that they never believed they could before, and they begin to grow in confidence. I really love that bit!
6. Questions and answers. I love not knowing, trying to find out, and finding out. A life without questions must be intolerably boring. I love helping people to find out stuff that I might now too.
7. The internet. But then thinking about this, I only say the internet because it's so wonderful for being in touch with people - so perhaps what I really mean is I am passionate about people?! And making friends, and talking, and sharing ideas.
8. Living. Being alive. Something I used to take for granted. Oh well. Better late than never.
8 things I want to do before I die
1. Own a horse and learn to ride bareback and bridle-less - you know - have one of those natural horsemanship relationships with my equine friend.
2. Live in Spain again.
3. Re-visit Canada, to the place where I was born and grew up - to stand on the shores of Miracle Beach and play with the starfish... and see all my family.
4. Ski. Lots more skiing please.
5. Visit Tibet, and the far east. Might even find a cure for my cancer there... now there's a thought.
6. Learn to practice Yoga and meditation properly (again, prolonging my life in mind).
7. Visit South America, and ride horses there.
8. Publish lots of books, starting with the novel I am writing at the moment.
8 things I say often
1. Oh for f**k's sake!
3. Don't argue with me (to the kids)
5. Oh good lord (when no' 1 is not permitted for whatever reason)
6. I'll do that just as soon as...
7. I AM CALM!
8 books I've read recently
8 songs I could listen to over and over again
1. Angelou by Van Morrison
2. Asi me Siento by Maktub Andalucia
3. 9 crimes by Damien Rice
4. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
5. Barber - Adagio for Strings
6. Si Tu No Estas by Rosana
7. This Woman's Work by Kate Bush
8. No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley
8 things that attract me to my best friends
1. Sense of humour
3. Willingness to forgive me my fads and whims when I go on endlessly about crap they don't care about (like horses, and writing!)
4. Their individual quirks and foibles that make us who we are
5. Their ability to get me back on my feet when I am at my lowest ebb (this one's been ridiculously important since Christmas for some strange reason ha ha!)
6. Shared interests
7. Shared issues/experiences
8. That they are willing to be my friend!
8 people I tag
Please tag yourself and tell me about it! There's too many people to tag and so little time!
It's been a good day. I have been out and about, driven the car, not needed any morphine, and only taken 2 anti-nausea pills!
And no tears!