Saturday 28 July 2007

Sshhhh! I'm reading Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows...

And it's really rather good!

Which is a silver lining really because otherwise I'm feeling quite crap. The hearty pain thingy is still with me, meaning that instead of camping with hubby and kids I am here with Harry Bloody Potter and a packet of pain killing anti-inflammatorywhatsits. Waiting to see what the X-ray they took at the hospital yesterday says.

Hmm. Did I mention I can't stand hospitals?! (Not that anyone loves them, mind. I don't suppose anyone exactly thinks, "Whoohoo! Need a chest X-ray! Fantastic. I can't wait to sit in the waiting room so I can count the fluff balls gathering on the floor beneath the disinfectant hand gel, or try to work out what the brownish reddish spatter on the wall next to the chair is...)
The worst thing is that the X-ray man had the film in his hands when he said, "You'll find out in 7 to 10 days, from your GP." Why not NOW?! Why not tell me right away if I've got something mega nasty.... I might not have 7 to 10 days. Oh God. *Deep breath* Bloody hypochondriac!

So here. Alone. Miserably feeling sorry for self. Humph!

Feeling guilty for not having wanted to go camping in first place, because now I'd give anything to be with them all. Boo Hoo!

Am I making you cry yet?!

*Stomps off to finish Harry Bleedin' Potter. Did I mention it's really rather good?!

3 comments:

Jon M said...

Harry Bloody Potter and the packet of pain killing anti-inflammatorywhatsits. That's it! The next series of sequels! Get onto the phone, tell JK now!

Sorry to hear that you're poorly! :-( Hope you're feeling better soon.

I nominated you for best creative writing on a blog but I don't think we're elligible now cos we don't live in Manchester.

Jenny Beattie said...

Hiya Lisa

I'm back in the land of the blogging so wanted to come by and say hi, and sorry I didn't manage to ring. I am officially crap!

Bloody hell to the heart thing. It's enough to give you a heart attack, eh? Hope you feel better soon.

Now that I'm back to (as) normal (as I've ever been) I will contact you shortly with my comments!

speak/blog soon
Jjx

hesitant scribe said...

Jon - thank you sooo much for nominating me *blush* Moi? A nomination?! *more blushes*

JJ - Hellooooo! Welcome back!